Match Day Procedures
Match Day Procedures
- Check the current week’s brackets to find who you’re facing. Each Wednesday is the official beginning of a new week.
- Contact your opponent by messaging them through the osu! client, osu! website messaging, or on the HSL Discord Server
- The default match time is Saturday 5PM PT.
- You may reschedule your match, but both players must agree.
- No player may reschedule within 24 hours of the match.
- Be sure to use time zones when rescheduling to avoid confusion. We recommend players use either PT or UTC.
- A good match scheduling tool is When2meet.com
- Join the HSL Discord Server for announcements and updates
- If you agreed on a different match day and time with the opposing player then you will play on the agreed time, otherwise the match should be played at 5PM PT on Saturday.
- Find and contact your opponent on Bancho (toggle with F9) at least 5 minutes before your scheduled match time.
- Game Setup Process: Set up a multiplayer game with the following title, including parenthesis and replacing with player names: HSL: (Player) vs (Player)
- Both players will then !roll: player who rolls lower chooses the warm-up map, player who rolls higher chooses the first map
- If both players roll the same number, both players shall roll again
- Warm-up can be any map under 5 minutes, players may choose any mod they like for warm-up
- Players will subsequently alternate until the series is over (first to 3 wins for best of 5)
- For procedures on scoring method and tiebreakers, please refer to the Game Settings and Rules section in the Rules.
- For tournament format and schedule, please refer to the season information page.
- To claim an absence win, screenshots of relevant conversation and in-game evidence are required.
- In-game evidence should include a screenshot with a time showing the opponent offline.
- Attach the evidence in the match reporting form on the website.
- If an absence is foreseeable first seek to reschedule the match. If rescheduling deems impossible, please contact an administrator.
- More information regarding absences and penalties associated with them can be found in the Penalties section of the Rules.
- After you have played your match, submit the result directly on the Battlefy bracket. Only one player needs to submit a report, but if no submission is received by either player, a coin toss will be performed to advance the bracket.
- It is the responsibility of all players to confirm all scores are correct on or before Tuesday. Please contact an administrator as soon as possible if there is a scoring error. After Tuesday, scores WILL NOT be changed under any circumstances.
- First check the Rules to see if your problem is addressed there.
- To contact a tournament administrator, tag Aaron Liao, Jimmy Zhang, Nick Tricozzi, Andy Kim, or Kenneth Kim in the Facebook Group or on Discord for the quickest response. You can also send an email to osu (at) hsstarleague (dot) com, or message them through the osu! website.
Please remember that all decisions regarding the interpretation of the rules lie solely with the High School Starleague, the decisions of which are final. The official game rules are subject to alteration at any time at the discretion of the High School Starleague.